3.04.2011

the very first bloom

march0411_1
Mom and I have been tending to a garden that was a bit forgotten over the last few seasons. In this garden is a rose bush for each one of us in the family, mine is white. Daffodils that remind us of Grampa grow happily throughout. Dad built the brick pathway that curves through the flowers leading down to Mom's lilac bush.
march0411_2
We were surprised to see a lavender bloom stretching high above the otherwise bare branches. We both leaned in to take in the scent. The scent of years that have passed and of a new season yet to come.
march0411_3
I'm secretly hoping the days in the garden take longer than expected, it is pure happiness to hear chirps all around, to pull weeds, find ladybugs and worms, smell the lilac, chat with Mom and have her all to myself, even if for just a moment. 
...

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

nothing like the spring's first whiff of lilacs... I can't wait!

Michelle said...

Oh I am so jealous. Here in Calgary, Alberta we're still in the depths of winter and will be for a while yet. :(

Jo said...

That is so beautiful. My lilac bush didn't bloom last year, but it is full of buds now. I can't wait to see those pretty ruffles burst out.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Your pictures are so lovely.

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing this!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Your photos are stunning!! So glad I found your fawn :) otherwise i would never have found your lovely blog :)

Take care, Sarah