5.03.2012

things i'm afraid to tell you...

may0312_1

The purples and greens are the beginnings of purple beans growing in the garden. It wasn't until I saw a link to a post on my twitter feed that today's post came together though.

When I started to blog my intention was to just take a photo a day and develop my skills and style. That was quite some time ago. A simple mac blog turned into a blogger blog and lately I've been thinking about moving to another format.

Inspired and a borrowing of words from this post, I feel like peeling back a layer, being a little "naked and free" if you will.

...

Cat puke is a part of my life, weekly, although you won't ever see a photo of it here. Ladybug has a sensitive stomach and after many appointments and different food experiments we seem to have finally found one that settles her tummy.

When I was an elementary school teacher I felt confined and boxed in by the curriculum and bell schedule, but now I wonder if working on my business at home has given me too much freedom, too much time to not get done what I want to get done.

I crave to expand my shop to more than photographs and photograph related items but find myself discouraged when new items don't sell quickly and then I very quickly lose the motivation.

Unless you grew up in the same house with me or live with me now you wouldn't know that I have a hot head, a very hot head.

The word "poop" is my word. I find it funny and have a small collection of magnets using the word that my family has given me.

I didn't finish reading the Harry Potter series. It just took too long for that final one to come out so Case summarized it for me.

Sometimes I feel very discouraged because of all the gorgeous blogs and work I see out there so much so that I avoid twitter, blog feeds and the internet in general for days because I feel inferior. Am I really all full up on my "online presence" or is this the real reason I'm not on Pinterest, too...

I have never filled my own gas tank. There I said it.

11 comments:

Christine and Company said...

What a great post. I sometimes feel the way you do about working from home...I hate being "in the box", but I'm such a procrastinator that i have a hard time getting things done. Good luck to you!

Christine via the EBT

Stela said...

I'm loving these posts! When I don't finish a book I wikipedia the ending.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I'm enjoying these "Afraid" posts. Thanks for sharing. (My mom doesn't pump her own gas either.)

Etsy Blog Team

Sarah Kate Branine said...

this post makes me smile.
Move to Oregon-- you'll never ever have to fill your own gas tank. Shoot, that's why I moved here! ;)

Please don't feel discouraged-- your work is so incredibly beautiful. Every time I visit your blog, I'm challenged to learn more about my camera. Your images are so pure and the colors are absolutely breathtaking.

I hear you on adding a new item to the shop and then getting discouraged when it doesn't sell. I haven't figured out the answer to that yet. But I do know that creating things that I love makes me happy. So I will keep at it. There's got to be someone out there that will love it like I do : ) By the way, I've been to your shop many times with the intent on purchasing something and always go away empty-handed because I cannot make a decision--I just want it all. That's probably the reason of many others too! : ) Be encouraged-- what you do is valued and extremely beautiful.

Jo said...

I'm really loving this "afraid" movement. And I have to tell you, I have always loved the word "poop". It is funny, right?

Stacey said...

Thank you everyone!

Cranny+B, I so love your shop and blog but alas have not purchased a lovely something from you...I plan to treat myself very soon. Thank you so much for your encouragement and understanding.

Miz.November, it is funny. Funny to say and write. ha ha. :) Thank you!

Ez said...

Oh thank you so much for sharing all of this so openly Stacey! You are an inspiration! I can totally relate to the cat puke revelation...my little dog Stella has the most sensitive stomach and is picky to boot. In fact she won't even eat (and then gets sick for days) unless I sit on the floor and hand-feed her all her meals. I literally mean hand-feed (my hands holding little bites of her wet dog food). It's gross and completely un-glamourous, but I do it because I love her and can't stand to think of her wasting away because she can't bear to get her face messy while she eats.
Gosh...now reading over that, I think my dog might need therapy! Sheesh!
Anyhow, thank you for being a part of this challenge! You are awesome! xo Ez
P.S. I've included a link to your post over on my blog with all the other participants. If you'd rather I take it down, please just let me know.

SuzySomethng said...

Your openness is inspiring! I am so in awe of all the honesty everyone is showing to all of us. I suppose it's my turn to be open too.

I just got a new camera so I could "share" some photos on my blogs, but my end products still need a lot of work...I'm learning, really I am!

www.suzysomethingthinksoutloud.com
www.randomthoughts.com
www.institches.blogspot.com

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

I love your photography :) and one of my favorite sayings is "poop in a jar"! so that's not too crazy

thanks for sharing :)

Haylee said...

I've never filled my own gas tank either! Boy it's good to hear I'm not the only one. ha for some reason getting gas scares the crap out of me. I'm scared I'm going to make the car explode or something. Obviously it's a fear I need to get over though. I'm working on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Love love love this. You are a unique puzzlement and I love ya:)
Tracy