1.18.2012

enchant me

january1712_2
a little self reflection
january1612_3january1612_1
january1612_2
january1712_1
Case and I headed to New Mexico this weekend for work and play. Our first night was in Las Cruces where we stayed with friends and were treated to homemade pizza, games, frozen custard and warm memories. (Thank You Kenneys!!) From there it was off to Santa Fe.
january1412_2january1612_4january1612_6
january1712_3january1812_1january1312_1
A light drifting of snow welcomed us in Santa Fe. It was perfect sweater big furry coat warm by the fire later weather... which I enjoyed every second of. The shops were abundant with beautiful jewelry, blankets, art and more jewelry. Our bellies were soon full from The Shed and Pasqual's. A little history exploration at the New Mexico History Museum and then crepes and a nap (for me, Case had conference meetings).

As I rode to the airport this morning the sunrise was like no other I have ever seen. One side of the sky was bursting with bright yellows and oranges while the other was glowing a soft pink and lavender. I didn't even take a single photograph, I just took in the beauty and wanted to remember it forever.

So yes, I was easily enchanted by the snow, colors, shapes, people, history, pueblo architecture, food and art all around me in this land just a quick plane ride away.

1.13 to 1.18

...

4 comments:

My Inspired Reality said...

Your words make me want to get to Sante Fe - like today:):) Gorgeous photos:)

Melissa said...

Popping in from the Etsy Blog Team!

Wow...you describe a wonderfully rich part of the world. Hoping to visit NM someday. Sounds inspiring.

Thanks for sharing!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

What gorgeous pictures! I've never really been to that part of the country, but I think I should put it on my list.

Stacey said...

Years ago I couldn't see the beauty but this trip it was all around me.