8.11.2011

drinking espressos in...

july3111_2
Italy is more beautiful and warm and full of art and life than anyone can tell you. From the moment we
flew into Italy I felt as if Case and I had entered a real-life postcard.
july2411_1
The art and churches are plentiful here, we soaked it all in, climbed all the steps and marveled at Michelangelo's David and Botticelli's The Birth of Venus...truly magnificent.
july24&2611_1
Gelato in every color and flavor was enjoyed daily, one day we had it twice!
july2511_1
the view from Piazzo Michelangelo
july2611_2
sunset and people watching on the Ponte Vecchio
july2811_2
july2711_1
Within Siena's medieval walls is a world of tiny passageways, brickwork, pizza with french fries on top, history, contrada pride, leather wallets, ricciarelli cookies and music late into the night.
july2811_1july2911_1
Oh to have a picture of our faces when we first saw glimpses of Cinque Terre from the train!
july3011_1
august0111_1august0211_1
custard filled pastries, sunshine, raviolis, wild berries, stairs (lots of 'em), duomos, late night dinners
august0311_1
bruschetta, grape orchards, giant ants, shady woods, tiny bridges, olive oil, breathtaking views...Tuscany
august0411_1
A perfectly lovely day trip to lovely Lucca.
august03&0511_1
august0511_1
A cappuccino from Il Ciocco before seeing the leaning tower from the train and flying home.
august0611_2august0811_1
august0911_1august1011_1
Stones and sea glass collected from the Mediterranean Sea and a leather purse as soft as butter and as pretty on the inside as it is on the outside, little bits of Italy that I took home with me...then I'll know it wasn't only a dream...

{7.24 to 8.11}
...

14 comments:

Memories for Life said...

What truly amazing photos! And the trip of a lifetime!

Julie said...

It looks and sounds amazing! And kinda yummy, too. ;-)

Trina Prenzi said...

What awesome photos!! Looks like you had a wonderful time, thanks so much for sharing! I would LOVE to go to Italy some day...

So glad I found you through Etsy Blog Team!

~Trina
http://trinastrinketts.blogspot.com/

Meeling said...

It truly is a magical place. We were there last year for 2 weeks and LOVED it! Your pics are fabulous!! My hubby loved Venice best, it is truly a marvel. Me...Florence, I just couldn't get enough of the Duomo...so beautiful.

I can't wait to go back one day!!

Stacey said...

We traveled to Florence, Siena, Cinque Terra, Lucca and Barga (that is where the Il Ciocco resort was and my husband's conference for part of the second week).

So much more of Italy to see...someday...

Anonymous said...

I love these photos and I cant wait to see the WHOLE album. I am addicted!!

love you..ps you still owe me a PHONE CALL

tb

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

those photos are amazing! It looks like a wonderful trip! I'm so jealous!! I hope to one day be able to visit :)

Unknown said...

Love! Love! Love! These photos are amazing, you must have had a blast. I'm super jealous too. :)

Jo said...

Oh, this was a real treat. Thank you so much for sharing some of your trip pics with us. I needed that little mental vacation.

mrs boo radley said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these photos are all gorgeous!! What a lovely trip. :)

Christine E-E said...

makes me yearn for another trip to Italy! I hope I'm not sounding greedy! love, love the Cinque Terre... and gelato! coconut, lemon, and watermelon were my fave flavors!

OnePerfectDay said...

Wow!
These pictures are beyond wonderful!

Emily said...

Hello!

I just wanted to stop by to say how much I love your photography. Every time I come to your site I instantly feel calm and happy. Plus, this post on Italy infected me with the travel bug like whoa. I live in Belgium and I know that the rest of Europe is right outside my door, but sometimes it's hard to remember that when you get swept up in the day-to-day of everything. It's good to have jolts of wanderlust injected from time to time, so thank you!