4.28.2011

sun + berries

april2811_1
april2711_1april2711_2april2711_3april2711_4
Just yesterday Mom and I slipped away for a morning walk on the beach. Sunbathing squirrels squinted at the sunshine and rows of pelicans flew back and forth overhead. We found shells, breathed in the sky and waves and pondered the footprints that came before us.

Then we picked our very own gems in the strawberry fields, filling our buckets to the very tippy tops! Two pies later (to be shared, I have not eaten them all up myself) and there is a single sweet tart slice left...

Thank you Mom, such a beautiful morning. I'd been looking forward to our strawberry pickin' day. xo  

{4.27 to 4.28}
...

14 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh what a beautiful day! I am jealous of your strawberries, your beach, your sunshine and your pelicans. The midwest is lacking in all of those areas!!

Naomi said...

I love the pictures of the birds! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Meeling said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Strawberries and pie...YUM!

ps...I have a very yummy giveaway on my blog right now...make sure you pop over and check it out!

Mapiki said...

This is just so sweet. Hugs to you and your mother

Stacey said...

aww, thanks :)

Pingos do Céu said...

What great photos and what a wonderful day!
And those strawberries, and looks delicious!

ana said...

oh so pretty :)

mrs boo radley said...

yes + please

b said...

gorgeous photos. what a perfect day. your mom is too cute!

and i really liked the image described of squirrels sun bathing. cute stuff.

KilaRohner.com said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Wonderful, thank you for sharing.

Sarah Knight said...

Looks like a wonderful time :D

Mom said...

It was a lovely lovely strawberry-picking, beach-strolling, pelican-watching, daughter-sharing day! Thanks, Stacey, we did have fun! XO

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

what a wonderful day with your Mom. how lucky you are!

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

I saw my first ever pelicans this past August, they are by far the beach bird supreme. WhereI'm form we only have seagulls, not the same at all!